Indira Priyadarshani Govt. Girls College of Commerce, Haldwani (Nainital) was established on 28th Feb. 1996 as a result of the long cherished demand of local public and public representatives for its opening. The college is situated at Nawabi Road Haldwani and has the credit of being the first and the only Government Girls Institution in Uttarakhand offering B.Com(Hons).
It was started with seven subjects in Arts faculty namely Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Economics, Political Science, Psychology and Home Science. Two other Social Science subjects viz. Sociology and Education were granted affiliation in 2001. Commerce and Science faculties were introduced in 2001 and 2005 respectively. Total No of students in current 2015-16 session are 1120.